Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 24.09.2015, 00:38
я модератор, а нигвен нет!

Отправить Skype™ сообщение для Vasex
^______^

И вот ещё один сеанс ответов на вопросы начинающих авторов от Урсулы Ле Гуин.
Скрытый текст - там есть и мой вопрос, гыг:
Цитата:
Basil: I have a big problem with the Main Idea of the story. I have a good script of adventures, I have planned characters, dialogs and the world very well, everything is fine, except one thing. After reading such a story people will ask – “So what did the author want to tell about? Is it just a story about heroes who reached from a point A to a point B? Where is the sense?” I know there are a lot of books of that kind. But how to make it more sensible? I know, that it is quite philosophical, but maybe you know some words to open my eyes…
Ursula: Privyet, Basil! I wish I had the magic words for you. But I don’t.
Maybe instead of thinking about what people will ask, you might ask yourself: “What is this story about? Why did I want to write this story, about these people, who go from point A to point B? Does their journey have a meaning to me?” If so, probably that meaning is in the story, and you need not worry about it.
But if you can’t answer the question “why did I want to write this story about these people,” then you should think about it, until you find the answer. Then perhaps you can write the story so that it contains that answer, though it does not need ever to declare it.
и ещё кусочек ответа другому человеку:
Цитата:
Or, as I suggested to Basil, you might ask yourself, “What is this story about?” If you can answer that, maybe the answer you give yourself will show you where the story needs to go to get to where you want it to go, and do what you want it to do.
и общее послесловие:
Цитата:
There have been so many questions from people who feel their story isn’t going well – they aren’t sure where it should go – maybe it’s going nowhere…that I asked myself: Here I am telling these people what to do, but how often did I feel that way, in the middle of a writing a novel? And what did I do about it?
I looked at my daybook, ten years ago, 2005, when I was writing Powers. “June 6. I am not sure the book has sufficient steam – pain – passion – It goes so slow, in little one-inch additions, and it will not suffer me to see a climactic or even a satisfying ending.” I was then 75 and had written at least twenty-five novels. So here I am, groping my way along pretty much as I did at 25, distrustful of what I’m doing and unsure where the story’s going.
I kept on adding the inches, however. On July 16 I wrote, “I think I finished Powers today about noon. Anyhow, Melle said, ‘It’s all right,’ and Gavir said, ‘I know it is,’ and that seemed to be it. Though I came at it perhaps too hurriedly – the ‘stampede to closure’? Well, we’ll see. This last week or so, ever since I saw them cross the river, I have diddled along with the story, figuring it was the last chapter, unsure how to write so undramatic a conclusion, and I think reluctant to conclude.”
So I did inch along to the end, still not quite sure even that it was the end, and not even really wanting it to end. . . .
I don’t know whether this is an encouraging example of a writer bravely persevering in the face of self-doubts, or a cautionary glimpse of a writer blundering through a novel like a cow in a blizzard. Whatever it is, I hope it’s useful to somebody.
–Ursula
21 September 2015
короче, всё свелось к общеизвестному "пишите, пишите и пишите"